Saturday, September 13, 2014

September 13th 2014

Today we went to the Renaissance Faire. All the work Jen and I did on our cloaks and costumes was worth it.




Then something terrible happened. My camera came off its strap and fell to the ground, it landed lens down. My favorite lens is now hurt really badly. None of the moving parts will move, but the glass seems to be fine. I am going to take it in on Monday to see if it can be helped. (The really sad thing about this, I have been talking to my insurance agent about getting my equipment but I haven't gotten the information to her..... guess what else I am doing on Monday.....)


I tried really hard not to let it ruin my day. I only half succeeded....

We saw a Rat Circus-- Cirque du Sewer. It was pretty funny.









We also watched the Jousting Tournament. It was pretty fun. The knight we cheered for was the Burgundy Knight Alexander. He lost badly... I think it was all part of the show.

The Queen came in and hosted the tournament.







The knights came in!







They tested the grounds.






Then they donned their helmets to joust.




Go Alexander go!!





Aw.......


Don't worry, the Black and White knight fell too!


There were no more jousting lances so the final competitors fought with swords on horse back!



Alexander wanted back in the action!!






No Alexander!


It came down to a battle between the Blue and Green Knights.




The Green Knight is the Victor!


The queen was a bit surprised.



Hope you have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment