Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April 8th, 2015

Today I will dissect a passion fruit!


I am pretty excited, I have no idea what is inside! It does rattle a bit when you shake it!


So the passion fruit gets its name from the flower of the plant. "Passionfruit acquired its name from Spanish missionaries who thought parts of the plant's flower resembled different religious symbols. The Jesuit missionaries who accompanied the Conquistadors to South America saw in its striking flower a means of illustrating the Crucifixion; the 10 petals and sepals represented the apostles, the crown of thorns was seen in the filaments, the five anthers represent the five wounds, the three stigmas were allied with the nails used to pierce the hands and feet of Jesus and the vine's tendrils were equated with the whips." (askville.amazon.com)

I googled the flower.... I don't see what they saw.... so.... yeah....

Anyway.... what's inside?!


This.....


Strange snot stuff and juice......



I think passion fruit is a misnomer...... but snot fruit probably wouldn't sell very well.

It is fairly tasty, if you can get past the looks.... Sweet and tart!

I really like that the toilet is in the background of this..... I guess you now know my "studio" is by the bathroom....
I hope you have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment