Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October 7th, 2015

Inky managed to eat an 800mg ibuprofen she found on the floor..... I don't recall dropping it but, I guess I did, she found it and thought it would be a good snack. Why would a random pill be a good snack? I have no idea..... why is a candy wrapper a good snack?

Thankfully, she vomited up most of the pill at 12:50AM. I found that she ate it and we headed to the emergency clinic. NSAIDs are REALLY bad for cats! They can cause kidney failure. Thank goodness places like this exist.


Inky was pretty unsure about going to the doctor's.

Terrible cell phone photo
She had to stay and get some fluids and tests run. All her blood work came back normal. Everyone at the Emergency Clinic said she was very compliant and a great patient. She mostly wanted some cuddles.

At 8:45 am I picked her up and brought her to a clinic in Beaverton.

Her IV catheter is under the bandage.

Again she is so excited about being at the doctors!

She got to see a doctor who is an internist (he specializes in care of adult animals). He said that it was really good that she vomited up the pill. Inky has to stay at the hospital for another night or two.

Inky really wanted to go with her nurse......
When I spoke with him this evening, her doctor said she is doing well. He said she might be able to come home tomorrow, but we will have to see how it goes. 

I will keep you updated on Inky!

Have a good night!

also a terrible cell phone photo......



No comments:

Post a Comment