Saturday, February 1, 2014

February 1st 2014

I got to walk to work and home in the light today! It is amazing how much more you see in the daylight!

This guy was crossing the street.... I don't know why he would want to do that...

This guy was crossing the street too....

Here is a Lunar New Year left over....
 

 More little pink flowers. These ones were on some kind of low shrub.




I'm not sure where the rest of this little guy is.

 I think this is baby rhubarb, I could be wrong, so if you know what it is please tell me.....



The sun in the clouds on my walk home.


I also tried something new today. One of the groups on g+ theme for a photo this week is: use the +/- button on your camera. I have been doing some experimenting this week with some pretty lack luster results. I could barely tell the difference between the photos. That is, until today.

Here is the the photo of this beet (?) I found in a garden I passed. This is the exposure the camera thought was good.
 I thought it looked a little overexposed. The color of the root was a much deeper orange. So I used the little +/- button to -1. And I got this:
A much more accurate representation of what I saw.

I did some other photos with the +/- button. I like the results on the tiny screen on the back of my camera, but on my computer the colors look almost blotchy. I will have to experiment some more.

Also this happened today.....
                                                                                           Well played camera.... well played.....





No comments:

Post a Comment