Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January 28th, 2015

Jen took me out to Ankeny National Wildlife Refuge.  We saw a few birds but they were pretty far away for me to get nice photos.

Here is an American Coot. I like how it looks more like a painting then a photo.


This is a pair of Ring-necked Ducks, they only winter in Oregon.


A song sparrow:



And a Juvenile Northerner Harrier (we think it was a juvenile anyway....) harassing some geese.


I had a serious case of lens envy at one point....

He has two big lenses!


The refuge was really quite beautiful. I look forward to going there in the coming months to see how it changes with the season.





and the moon came out:


But the coolest thing we saw today, was this coyote.

It's so fluffy!!!
Here is Jen trying to identify a bird.



Hope you have a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment