Thursday, December 26, 2013

December 26th 2013

One of my words for next year is declutter. I would like to get rid of items just taking up space and send them on to new homes where they will be used.

One of the items just taking up space in our apartment are some towels that my mother gave me. These towels are old. Older then me old..... I think my parents may have gotten them as wedding presents.... that would make them 43 years old....

These towels are in less then pristine condition. I just can't seem to part with them though.... It feels like throwing away history.

Joel actually offered to through this towel away..... I said no....



 There is this horrible orange towel.....




 This little pink towel



 Another ugly orange one.... I guess my mom liked orange or maybe that was the "in" color that year....





Finally this is my favorite. For some reason I have very strong feelings for this towel. I look at it and I think about my childhood. I have no specific memories attached to it.... it is more a general feeling of happiness and home.








 The towels I have gotten as gifts or bought myself don't have the same feeling of personality as these old ones do.... I could part with most any of the "new" towels I have and not really care....





I just can't seem to get rid of those old ones....





No comments:

Post a Comment