Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 8th 2014

A while back a friend gave me some nice washi origami paper to recycle into a new project.



The papers had spent some time as flowers and a few pieces had some glue on them



No worries though. It is easy (ha!) enough to cut the paper down. I like to fold cranes so, I needed to cut the paper in to smaller squares.





I will be honest, I don't really like cutting papers.... I don't have the patients to line it up all nice... Joel is the official paper cutter in the house. I thought in the interest of creativity I would try it.

I have 36 3in x 3in squares and 8 2in x 2in squares.

I like to put them in piles of 10... I don't really know why, it probably has to do with keeping track of folding 1000 of them, so it is a habit now. So far I have folded 1000 cranes for Grandpa Richard and Grandma Chiz,  my parents and James and Autumn.  If you would like to see what 1000 cranes looks like I wrote a blog about the process and even photographed every single crane... 1000 Cranes by Joel and Jessie if you want to check it out.

I fold the piles of 10 one step at a time.
First into the square base:

Then a kite:

Then into a crane: (these guys are unexpanded)


Here are some instructions on how to fold a crane. It isn't exactly how I fold them but the end result is the same :)


I will show the end result of this crane project  when I am finished. I didn't get as far as I thought I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment